Re: [cdt-dev] CDT ANTLR Project

On 3 Jun 2010, at 03:55, Doug Schaefer wrote:

As part of the fallout of Alex Blewitt shutting the doors on his Objective-C plans, as well as the need to make sure our DOM APIs are solid, and to just scratch an itch I have, I have started another project at Eclipse Labs to play with ANTLR. I'm starting with a grammar for C and will build a separate DOM for it. I want to identify the basic IASTNode and IBinding interfaces needed to add a new language. My feeling is that the current interfaces assume a certain style of parser which will cause grief when using a parser generator. We'll see.

The project is called cdtantlr and can be found here: http://code.google.com/a/eclipselabs.org/p/cdtantlr. Feel free to give feedback and let me know if you'd like to help out. One end goal is to add support for Objective-C and provide a howto to add others.

I've expanded on some of the issues found with separate bugs rooted at a 'Make it easier to add other languages to CDT' bug (315539). I suspect that you'll come across these in the future.

Back to the top