[cdt-dev] Scanner Discovery Changes in CDT 7.0 Questions

My general setup is the following:
Eclipse Helios RC1 + CDT 7.0 RC1 running on OS X 10.5.8 (intel) Cocoa Version. All my C/C++ projects are CMake based whereas I have CMake generate Makefile projects. I then manually create "Makefile" projects inside eclipse cdt for each one. I have noticed in the recent CDT 7.0 builds that none of the "include" directories are being added to the project (Project->Properties->C++ General->Paths & Symbols. The list is now empty. I have tried a few different settings under the "C++ Build- >Discovery Options" but none seems to work (or make sense to me).

 I use a custom build command for each project:

make -C ${ProjDirPath}/Build VERBOSE=1  -j

Which produces output like the following:

[ 72%] Building CXX object Tests/CMakeFiles/MXA_BmpIOTest.dir/ BmpIOTest.cpp.o cd /Users/mjackson/Workspace/MXADataModel/Build/Tests && /usr/bin/c+ + -DDEBUG -fmessage-length=0 -g -arch x86_64 -arch i386 -isysroot / Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk -mmacosx-version-min=10.5 -I/Users/ mjackson/Workspace/MXADataModel/Source -I/Users/mjackson/Workspace/ MXADataModel/Build -I/Users/Shared/Toolkits/MXABoost-1.36/include/ boost-1_36 -I/Users/Shared/Toolkits/expat/include -I/Users/Shared/ Toolkits/hdf5-169/include -I/Users/Shared/Toolkits/tiff/include -I/ Users/mjackson/Workspace/MXADataModel/Build/Tests -Wall -o CMakeFiles/MXA_BmpIOTest.dir/BmpIOTest.cpp.o -c /Users/mjackson/ Workspace/MXADataModel/Tests/BmpIOTest.cpp

After a build, If I look at my project in the "C++ Projects View" and drill down to a project there is NO entry for "Includes" and in fact the indexer has not indexed anything because all my #include <somefile.h> are all underlined with errors.

Now, If I set a project with the following discovery options then I get some files/directories added:

Discovery profiles scope: Configuration-wide
Configuration: Default
Automated discovery of paths and symbols: Both "Automate discovery of paths and symbols" and "Report path detection problems" are ON.
Discovery profile: "GCC perfile scanner info profile"
Enable build output scanner info discovery is also ON.

With those settings I get all of my "External" includes, ie, third party libraries that I have installed myself but I do not get any of the "built in" C/C++ libraries like STL, stdint.h and all of that.

If I change the "Discovery Profile" to Managed build System - per project scanner info profile" then I get the "built it" C/C++ includes but NOT any of the "External" includes. Am I just missing something?

And for anyone that made it all the way to this point.. Thanks.

Do I need to start with a completely clean workspace and project files?
Mike Jackson                      www.bluequartz.net
Principal Software Engineer       mike.jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
BlueQuartz Software               Dayton, Ohio

Back to the top