[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [cdt-dev] commit auto comment in bugzilla
- From: Alena Laskavaia <elaskavaia.cdt@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 09:31:02 -0400
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:sender:reply-to:received :in-reply-to:references:date:x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject :from:to:content-type; bh=L2b7Y/v1PzSRMaQxeVdfuUPI4kvbzS8+4/xrtGQvmck=; b=xAksXGxAt5HMx8ZaTiO4khX6J8kNxiAoHpxpmZAeK1L9psBjrPTNmfMP1tK1OO5mCu qoPU+7nYXU2TZLCa4adUjVAAWiOv4Y/Xus7xuK9LqSYxMMDBvA1+tIQcW7LkHq/lsu47 trEQasqdMoFD0qPxtntT1g7jUhYRlI+mPYhrA=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:sender:reply-to:in-reply-to:references:date :x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; b=tEsoD0gesEfih8wFEJBMR4IZYMJRgz7g8V6BGmC6D8QXUAzIrlwbMjl742CoO/N5KO k7qLTH8adBhBy74c+xOm3J+EgszBzc+MxOeibkD+SyRDSot7raPMEkCz4PjybYIrjbtp U8E3dfSMbfsrw3/MDXM0aG3PdLO+9n4KM9dFY=
How is that?
(Same file appear more than one because you did few check-ins of it I think)
On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 8:09 AM, John Cortell <rat042@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> But even with DSF, often there are additional tweaks that happen after the
> major fix and we sometimes don't bother creating a patch file for them. A
> big +1 from me on this one. It adds clutter to the bug reports, but the
> cross-referencing benefits far outweigh the eyesore, IMO. And it removes the
> human elements from the process (oversight, laziness, errors). Not to
> mention, it shows what was actually committed, rather than what someone
> intends to commit, so it is much more reliable. Patches would still be
> necessary for commits that require code reviews.
> What would really help cut down the clutter is if the content was listed as
> *** cdt cvs genie ***
> [ ] PerProjectSICollector.java, 1.25
> [+] EFSExtensionManager.java, 1.1
> [-] FileSystemUtilityManager.java
> [ ] ErrorParserManager.java, 1.65
> * Only one [cdt cvs genie] header
> * Have a marker indicate the nature of the delta: changed, new, deleted
> * Show only the simple file name
> * Show the revision
> * The file names would be links. You could see the full URL by hovering, and
> go to the diff by clicking it.
> That would make this mechanism perfect in my eyes, but I think it's worth
> having as-is.
> At 06:38 AM 5/27/2010, Alena Laskavaia wrote:
> If you want I can exclude you from the list (i.e if you made change it
> won't do it)
> Maybe in dsf it is normal to attach a patch but in other projects it
> is only done on occasion.
> On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 3:43 AM, Schorn, Markus
> <Markus.Schorn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I don't like them, a patch attached to a bug is much more useful.
>>> -----Original Message-----
>>> From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
>>> [ mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Alena Laskavaia
>>> Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2010 8:55 PM
>>> To: CDT General developers list.
>>> Subject: [cdt-dev] commit auto comment in bugzilla
>>> Importance: Low
>>> I finished my script that adds comments to bugzilla when
>>> commit performed.
>>> See example https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=291815
>>> If you like what it does I will run it in daemon mode.
>>> cdt-dev mailing list
>> cdt-dev mailing list
> cdt-dev mailing list