[cdt-dev] Deferred Software Breakpoints

Dear All,

When I tried to set software breakpoint from eclipse IDE (Toggle Breakpoint) even if  gdb returns the error "Cannot set breakpoint... ", it is not updated upto GUI level to user. It will be shown in verbose console if enabled.

In eclipse this will be thrown as   MI2CDIException. Then that particular breakpoint will  be added to "deferred list" by Breakpoint Manager class. Also the breakpoint view and the marker on ruler part of IDE gets updated even if breakpoint is not set actually.

Can anyone please clarify the significance of this deferred breakpoint? Shouldn't this information be updated to user? Or else how can we identify a breakpoint as deferred one or not from Breakpoint View/Breakpoint Properties?

Thanks in advance

Malu

Back to the top