Re: RE: [cdt-dev] FYI, merged in a bunch of changes

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 2:59 PM, Chris Recoskie <recoskie@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I understand the changes you are suggesting, but what I'm not sure I understand is whether you are saying that the interfaces should not go in at all until these things are resolved, or whether the interfaces stay in but don't get modified to incorporate your suggestions until later.

The interface should not go in in its current form.

The APIs are all provisional. They can be changed as needed. I'm pretty sure IBM is the only client of them right now. If there are improvements that can be made to the API or the documentation surrounding them I am happy to make them.

We have our new version of our product coming out in the fall that is going to be based on Helios, so I will need those changes in time for that. We won't be able to wait until the next simultaneous release in 2011 for them.

===========================
Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT and RDT
IBM Toronto

-sergey
Inactive hide details for Sergey Prigogin ---05/12/2010 05:31:21 PM---IFilesystemUtility interface requires serious work in terSergey Prigogin ---05/12/2010 05:31:21 PM---IFilesystemUtility interface requires serious work in terms of writing clear unambiguous specificati

Sergey Prigogin <eclipse.sprigogin@xxxxxxxxx>

05/12/2010 05:31 PM

Re: RE: [cdt-dev] FYI, merged in a bunch of changes

Sent by:

cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

IFilesystemUtility interface requires serious work in terms of writing clear unambiguous specifications for all its methods and, possibly, changing method names to match those descriptions. The name of the interface should be more specific. A capitalization mismatch between IFilesystemUtility and FileSystemUtility has to be fixed. A prudent thing to do is to postpone these changes until after 7.0.

-sergey