Re: [cdt-dev] IMemory and memory spaces

On 05/10/2010 02:58 PM, John Cortell wrote:
I'm thinking the existing DSF memory service can support getting and memory from a particular memory space. The memory space can be carried in the IMemoryDMContext object. I've been struggling with this notion, but ultimately I end up asking myself what exactly constitutes a memory context? I think the concept is broad enough that we can throw memory space in there. What do you DSF guys think?

+1
I've been prototyping the idea and it seems doable. Basically, I have an IMemorySpaceDMContext that has as a parent an IMemoryDMContext. This new interface simply has a method that returns the memory space identifier. Down at the MI layer, the command can use the new context interface to get the memory space to use in the MI command.
Couldn't you have IMemorySpaceDMContext extend IMemoryDMContext? I'm not sure whether parent-child relationship is needed between memory contexts.

Cheers,
Pawel

John