Re: [cdt-dev] Hudson build results

On 2010-05-06 19:59, Doug Schaefer wrote:
Hey gang,

In case you missed it Andrew Overholt was kind enough to set up the CDT
builds under Hudson on the eclipse.org <http://eclipse.org> server. You
can find them here.

https://build.eclipse.org/hudson/job/cdt-nightly/

Hudson has the ability to send e-mails on any build failures and Vivian
and I are getting those now. I'd like to have them sent to the cdt-dev
list so you can all see them and where we can hopefully get the quickest
response at fixing them.

Now, one caveat on that is that Hudson will optionally send e-mails when
we have JUnit test failures. it's currently on, which means that I get
an email for every build because we have a number of persistent JUnit
failures.

Unless someone complains, I'm going to start sending them to cdt-dev on
the next build. I expect two results. I'll get complaints about the
traffic, or the JUnits will get fixed. Of course I'm hoping for the
latter, but if that doesn't come about quickly, I will oblige the former
by shutting them off again.

Let me know your thoughts either way.

Sounds like an excellent idea.

Persistent test failures are never good. If the tests cannot be fixed in the immediate future, they should be disabled and a bugreport filed against them.

--
/Jesper

Back to the top