[cdt-dev] Displaying DSF stack frames

Title: Displaying DSF stack frames
Pawel,

I’m working on optimizing bits of the EDC debugger and have run across an issue with displaying stack frames. In some circumstances when we’re building the list of stack frames determining the next frame can become an lengthy operation. This would be seem to be what IStack.getTopFrame is designed to do, just return the first one to give the user immediate feedback when a context is suspended, then bring in the remainder of the frames later. But IStack.getStackDepth is also called, which I understand is supposed to always return the complete number of frames, which will bring on some of the lengthy work I’m trying to defer.

So I must be misunderstanding how this works, I’m looking into it but I thought I would see if you had any advice.

Thanks - Ken

Back to the top