[cdt-dev] Debug actions are registered twice

I’m just wondering, is there a need to register debug actions ‘Run to Line’, ‘Move to Line’, ‘Resume at Line’, and ‘Add Watch _expression_’ twice in the editor’s context menu?

These actions are registered once in org.eclipse.cdt.debug.ui and again under org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb.ui.  The former plug-in looks for ‘org.eclipse.cdt.debug.ui.debuggerActive’ system property and latter plug-in looks for ‘org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb.ui.debuggerActive’ property in order to display the actions.

We have a proprietary debug engine based on DSF.  It doesn’t use GDB at all.  The problem occurs when I start a DSF-GDB debug session, terminate it, and start our custom DSF-based debug session.  This will result in the debug actions getting registered twice:

In our debug session, I’m setting org.eclipse.cdt.debug.ui.debuggerActive property to true.  However, if I set ‘org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb.ui.debuggerActive’ to true instead, everything will work fine.  Setting a GDB property doesn’t make much sense, since our debugger is completely independent of GDB.  Something tells me we shouldn’t be registering these actions twice.  Any thoughts??

Thanks,

- Navid

Back to the top