Re: [cdt-dev] Build Again

On 26 April 2010 18:19,  <Ed.Swartz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm only bringing this up because I see in these recent posts no mention
> about non-scanner-discovery models.  It would be nice if the architecture
> were able to model both of these use cases, or some combination thereof,
> with the same model.  (If it's already done like this, then great ;)

I completely agree.  We need to separate out the path managing /
persisting / contributing  API from the actual implementation of
discovery. I think this was the direction Andrew's work was heading
in.
As you've pointed out there may be many sources of paths and symbols
which want their discovered-settings persisted by the core.model.
Creating an API with the flexibility to allow multiple contributors
will go a long way to ensuring we're not trapped with the issues we
have now.  There's then one place which can be responsible for
re-triggering the indexer.

James

Back to the top