Re: [cdt-dev] Note: API addition in DSF

Pawel, thanks for your response. I will give it a try. If I have any further questions (and I am sure I will have) I will post them to bugzilla.

   Axel

---------------------

Von: Pawel Piech <pawel.piech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Gesendet: 23.04.2010 00:29:34
An: "CDT General developers list." <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Betreff: Re: [cdt-dev] Note: API addition in DSF

Hi,
 You should only need to extends MIExpressions to implement IExpressions2.  Hopefully you could just do a cut and paste job from org.eclipse.cdt.debug.mi.core.cdi.model.VariableDescribptor.encodeVariable().

 Cheers,
 Pawel

 Axel Müller wrote:

Seems like I have to implement something similar to Expressions.java in EDC  (which is rather longish! Do I need all of this?).  e.g. public class MICastToArray extends AbstractDsfService implements IExpressions2 in org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb/src/org/eclipse/cdt/dsf/mi/service  But how (and where) do I register the service? Or should I extend  MIExpressions?  A lot of questions...  Perhaps these questions seems to be silly but I am still a freshman with  respect to to the Eclipse interns (and terminology).    Axel