RE: [cdt-dev] Support for "target-detach" and "target-disconnect"

I might be confused about the final proposal, so let's recap.
You suggest
1- make the disconnect button actually call 'disconnect' in GDB
    for any debug context selected
2- add a view menu called 'detach' which calls GDB's 'detach'

If that is the case, for multi-process, we'll have the DSF-GDB
'connect' button on the toolbar which will be used to attach to
a new process, but the user will need to go to the view menu
to 'detach', and if they press the 'disconnect', (which they will :-))
they would disconnect the entire debug session.

I would think we need a better solution.

But maybe I mis-understood?

Marc, your choice of words might have revealed a possible improvement. What if the DSF-GDB button currently called 'connect' were to be renamed to 'attach'?

Back to the top