Re: [cdt-dev] Support for "target-detach" and "target-disconnect"

On 14/04/2010 10:51 PM, Marc Khouzam wrote:
But for CDI, what you sugggest (so I understand), is that the Eclipse 'disconnect' button,
will always call GDB's 'disconnect' command (instead of calling 'detach' which it does right now).
And to call GDB's 'detach' there will be a new view-menu action called 'detach'.

If so, someone is going to write a new DSF-GDB parity bug which will say we don't behave
like CDI.  And I'm going to blow a fuse :-)
That's the reason why I didn't want to mention the "p" word :-) . I am thinking of volunteering to change the DSF part as well, but first we need to agree what we want.
But seriously, I can see that there is a use-case for 'disconnect' and that the fact that the eclipse
button is called 'disconnect' causes a problem.  There is no way to 'retarget' the name  to 'detach'?
At this time, I find that having 'disconnect' on the toolbar is less useful than having 'detach', especially
for multi-process.

Absolutely agree. Having "Disconnect" on the toolbar is simply a waste of space from our point of view. And I have never proposed to put "detach" on the toolbar.
Marc
Cheers,
Mikhail
From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mikhail Khodjaiants [mikhailkhod@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: April 14, 2010 10:14 PM
To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] Support for "target-detach" and  "target-disconnect"

Thanks to Pedro the difference is clear now.
So what is the final proposal?

One option is to change the CDI implementation only by adding the
"Detach" action to debug.mi.core and debug.mi.ui plugins. You can leave
the DSF/GDB implementation as it is, but at some point you will have to
make a decision.

Cheers,
Mikhail