Re: [cdt-dev] Minutes April Conf Call

Very cool. Thanks Alena.

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 2:02 PM, Alena Laskavaia <elaskavaia.cdt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I created an empty page for What is new in CDT 7.0.
http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/NewIn70
Please fill it up for your area. Just main features and UI impact, bugs can go by query.

Doug Schaefer wrote:
Attendees: Marc (Ericsson), James (Broadcom), Leo (Intel), Pawel (Wind River), Bill (Intel), John (Freescale), Jeff (Red Hat), Mikhail (CodeSourcery), Elena (QNX), Ken (Nokia), and probably a few others.

- 7.0 Status

-- DSF/GDB parity (Marc)
--- progress is good but slowing
--- Need to prioritize what's left, do big things by RC0, littler "bugs" by release, and then even to Sept's 7.0.1.
--- Engage the community via the newsgroup to get beta testers and to help with prioritization

-- Supported toolchains (Doug)
--- We should finally defined a set of recommended version line ups for gcc for the various hosts we support
--- Document it in the user docs, and on the web site
--- Define versions for Cygwin, MinGW (Wascana), select Linux distros, Mac.

-- New & Noteworthy (Doug)
--- Doug to start and get input from team

- EclipseCon Recap
-- A good time was had by all
-- Hope more can make it next time
-- A great place to meet other CDT contributors and even a few users and learn about other Eclipse technologies

- CDT Summit
-- We skipped last year due to travel restrictions
-- It would be good to start it up again this year
--- again in the fall (late Sept?) before going too deep into next release
-- Need an agenda and a location
-- Agenda items could include:
--- Debug wars part deux (DSF/GDB versus DSF/EDC/TCF versus Flex Hierarchy/EDC2/TCF or something)
--- Codan checker-fest
--- Supporting real developers, CDT as an end-user IDE rather than platform, e.g. Wascana, Mac, Qt, Linux, Embedded-cross
--- What to do with profiling/trace
-- Locations could include anywhere but best if one of the vendors host
--- We've done Ottawa and Toronto in the past. Austin is another idea.
-- Who can make it?

Let us know if I missed something.