Re: [cdt-dev] Support for "target-detach" and "target-disconnect"

I guess it comes down to what most people expect a Disconnect button in a debugger to do. Personally, I expect a Disconnect to leave the target in whatever state it is in when I hit the button. For sure, don't terminate it. If it's running, leave it running. If it's suspended, leave it suspended.

Looking at the gdb documentation for detach and disconnect, I'm thinking the 'disconnect' command is aligned with my expectations. So my first reaction is a +1 for a new action that always resumes the target upon giving up control over it (i.e., Detach). But that makes me wonder...is that worthy of an action? Couldn't I just hit resume and then do a disconnect. Is the use case strong enough to warrant yet another run control action? I'm thinking no, but if there's some advantage besides saving a click, I would be for the new action.

John

Back to the top