[cdt-dev] How does CDT internal builder construct the command line and is there any way to change it?

Hi All,
I'm integrating a custom generic toolchain into CDT.
I have makefile variables in the toolchain definition and all the customization goes through enviroment variables.
Building project works fine, but not building "selected files".
Apparently there is a different builder used for that and it doesn't work with my toolchain definition.
Is there any way I can extend/overwrite/plug into the command line creation process in this case?

Thanks!
Anna.

---
Dr. Anna Dushistova