Re: [cdt-dev] common gdb plugin

I really need to double-check anytime I list the pair :-/ I've gotten it wrong twice in two days.

I meant: DSF-GDB and CDI-GDB

John

At 10:17 AM 4/8/2010, John Cortell wrote:
Wanted to send this out before I make the additions to the repository, in case someone has an objection or recommendation. I'll be adding two new plugins:

   org.eclipse.cdt.gdb
   org.eclipse.cdt.gdb.ui

They are meant to house code/extensions/extension-points/whatever that is common between DSF-GDB and DSF-CDI for features and bug-fixes going forward.

As for what feature these new plugins will be part of...that's a tricky one. The fact that it's gdb-centric makes it inappropriate for org.eclipse.cdt.platform-feature. And creating a dedicated feature seems like overkill. So, I'm going to put it in the the DSF-GDB feature. It's not ideal, but I don't know that there is an ideal home for these plugins.

John