Re: [cdt-dev] common gdb plugin

I meant not in the CDT's core debug plug-ins. CDI should be moved up to it's own plugins.

Forking and fixing is a valid strategy for vendors for any open source.

I don't care either way. I'm focusing on where TCF can take us.

On Apr 6, 2010 9:53 PM, "Mikhail Khodjaiants" <mikhailkhod@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 06/04/2010 8:17 PM, Marc Khouzam wrote:

> In fact, if we are still in agreement that CDI is no...

Marc, I probably missed the call when the agreement was announced. Many companies are still shipping products based on CDI and it's a big investment for them to switch to DSF/GDB. If we stop fixing bugs that's not going to force them to switch to DSF. They will simply copy the source code and will try to fix the problems themselves.
I understand you having been in the similar situation before. You are now the only person who works full time on DSF/GDB and if Ericsson decide to stopĀ  supporting it then what?
Doug, you can pretend that the CDI is not there, but it is there :)