[cdt-dev] RE: generic refresh event in DSF

Marc,

If there was generic Refresh event would you rather use that one or you still prefer introducing the trace specific - event just for view updates?

Initially I was thinking about overriding my DMVMProviders but then I thought that having a generic refresh even might be beneficial for everybody.

It makes sense the back end to request all views to update - it knows its state best and makes a decision that the data in all views is out of date.

I think the default DMVMProviders already handle the suspend event that way. I was thinking expanding that case beyond the running -> halted transition.

May be there is a drawback with using generic event over specific events.

DefaultRefreshAllTarget is UI code. Using it looks more like a workaround to me.

I would think that code that the back end requests the model to refresh (invalidate) should be non UI.

Thanks

Dobrin