[cdt-dev] developing linux setuid application in Eclipse

I am developing linux setuid application in Eclipse. After each make, I must manually and externally chown and chmod to set the setuid attribute of my executable so that it assumes root privileges when a normal user executes it. (I'm using RAW sockets) Is there a way to automate this from within eclipse? If I add the chown, chmod calls to my makefile, these commands must be run as root and I don't see a way for Eclipse's build system to give me access to the console/shell that is executing make for authentication.

Back to the top