Re: [cdt-dev] EDC on 64-bit Linux?

On Wednesday 31 March 2010, Doug Schaefer wrote:
> Great point Lothar. But downloads is the only data we have.

But they can still be misleading. Although we use CDT heavily for a long time,
we NEVER downloaded it at all. We always installed it via the update site into
the rest of the IDE, just like all other features we use. We usually start
with a naked Eclipse SDK download.

> The 64-bit number is pretty high in my books, and you need to consider
> that a fair number of 32-bit users are probably building 64-bit apps.

Yes, multi-arch development is the standard on Linux, no matter if your
development machine is 32 or 64 bit.

Lothar
--
Lothar Werzinger Dipl.-Ing. Univ.