Re: [cdt-dev] Codan and CDT6.0 ?

please send bug report, I will look at
Why you don't have CVS access? You can even look online if you want...

Kaestel-Baumgartner Harald (DCC/EDF2) wrote:
Hello,

I've just installed the codan feature out of the latest CDT 7.0 build (I201003261023) in my CDT 6.0 and played around a little bit with it, because I probably want to use it for style checkers etc. in our company. First I thought the "as you type check" is not enabled, until I've seen errors in the log.

Opening the codan page in the project properties causes an error, too.

Should it be possible to use codan with CDT 6.0 ?
Looking on the plugin requirements it should be possible.

Since we've no access to CVS, it would be nice if the source would be included in the plugins ;)

Thanks
Harald

Here are the log entries:

as you type check:
java.lang.NullPointerException: file
        at org.eclipse.cdt.codan.internal.core.model.CodanMarkerProblemReporter.reportProblem(CodanMarkerProblemReporter.java:38)
        at org.eclipse.cdt.codan.core.cxx.model.AbstractIndexAstChecker.reportProblem(AbstractIndexAstChecker.java:105)
        at org.eclipse.cdt.codan.internal.checkers.SuggestedParenthesisChecker$ExpressionVisitor.visit(SuggestedParenthesisChecker.java:54)
        at org.eclipse.cdt.internal.core.dom.parser.c.CASTUnaryExpression.accept(CASTUnaryExpression.java:74)

project properties:
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.eclipse.cdt.internal.core.model.CProject cannot be cast to org.eclipse.core.resources.IProject
        at org.eclipse.cdt.codan.internal.ui.preferences.FieldEditorOverlayPage.createControl(FieldEditorOverlayPage.java:160)
        at org.eclipse.jface.preference.PreferenceDialog.createPageControl(PreferenceDialog.java:1501)
        at org.eclipse.jface.preference.PreferenceDialog$14.run(PreferenceDialog.java:1258)