Re: [cdt-dev] Regressions in Build M6

Hi Axel,
Could you submit bug reports (separate) in bugzilla for those?

Thanks,
Andrew

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 10:51 AM, Axel Müller <aegges@xxxxxx> wrote:
I have just played around a little bit with the latest Helios milestone build
(M6). I have found some regressions in comparison to Galileo.

It is a simple main.cpp compiled with gcc on Linux.

/* main.cpp */
typedef struct
{
       float fNumber;
       int   iIndex;
} MyStruct_T;

void InitMyStruct( MyStruct_T* psList )
{
       psList->fNumber = 23.0f;
       psList->iIndex = 1;
}

int main(void) {
       MyStruct_T  sList;
       InitMyStruct( &sList );
       int a, i = 5;
       if ( a = 3 )
               a = 5;
       return 0;
}

1)
Problems View shows the warning: "make: unused variable 'i'
notice the additional "make:" (it is not visible in the Build Console!)

2)
Code completion does not work at all!
For e.g. type in the main routine "in" and then CTRL-Space  => no proposal
in Galileo I get some dozen suggestions (including InitMyStruct)
The same holds when I type sList.

The Index View looks correctly.

3)
I have installed and enabled CODAN.
It shows me correctly a warning on the if statement (Possible assignment in
condition). When I invoke Quick Fix via CTRL-1 it correctly suggests "a==3".
However, nothing happens when I select the fix. Quick Fix only works via the
Problems View.