Re: [cdt-dev] Build Console no longer shows for non-C/C++ Projects

A follow-up to my own question:

The introduction of the build-console logging to file is the reason why the UI no longer activates the build consoles for non-C/C++ projects.

The BuildConsolePage::setProject(...) method rejects projects that don't have a C project description, because it needs the active configuration name to look up the preference for toggling the save action button.

If I change this to set the project but ignore the button (disabling it for safety) for my non-C project, then everything pretty much works as before.

Of course, I'd like my projects to be able to take advantage of the new logging capability.  I'm curious as to why the logging preference is implemented on a per-config basis:  it doesn't really feel like part of the build configuration, but an orthogonal concept.  If it were implemented per-project, then it could also work for non-C projects.  Or even, if I can work up a patch that implements a single preference setting for non-C projects, I should like to contribute that.

Of course, given this, it would also be necessary for future enhancements to the build console to always account for the non-C project use cases  :-)

Cheers,

Christian