Re: [cdt-dev] catchpoint support in GDB

Yeah my list came from gdb 6.8, but feel free to update it according newest gdb, old ones was never supported, I added them because I assume they will be...
So I think we don't need them.

John Cortell wrote:
Thanks, Tom. I see that the list I provided (that I got from the online docs) matches what gdb 7.0 'help catch' says.

However, I see that 'help catch' in 6.8 reveals a much longer list, and pretty much matches the list supported in CDT right now. Is that delta the list of events that were documented but never implemented? Anyway, since they're part of what gdb < 7.0 says it supports, then I guess it makes sense for them to appear in CDT--regardless of whether they actually have code behind them in gdb or not. After all, who is CDT to question gdb ;-) Not to mention, a gdb vendor may have implemented the whole set, even if the base code doesn't.

So, this issue is closed as far as I'm concerned. I'm going to leave the no-longer-in-7.0 catch event types in CDT, and I'm going to add support for any in 6.8 and 7.0 that are currently not in CDT.

John