[cdt-dev] Re: questions about building and modifying CDT

> Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 14:02:45 -0700
> From: Tim Black <timblaktu@xxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] Re: Re: questions about building and modifying
>       CDT     plugins
> To: "CDT General developers list." <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> I wanted to bypass refreshing the project after each make, so
> I commented
> out the call to refreshProject(currProject) in invokeMake()
> on line 228 in
> MakeBuilder.java. I'm using Version tag CDT_6_0_2. (I
> imported project set,
> then Team - Switch to...) I made this single change, rebuilt,
> and tested the
> change but I still see the same behavior as before: About a 2
> minute delay
> while "Updating project..." after making my makefile project.
> I tested this
> 2 ways:
>
> 0. Select all CDT plugins in my workspace, Run As - Eclipse
> Application.
> 1. Export - Plug-in Development --> Deployable plug-ins and
> fragments -
> select all CDT plugins in workspace - Install Into Host, Restart
>
> For 1., I was using a fresh SDK 3.5.2 without CDT installed,
> so I could
> verify that upon restart CDT was added.
>
> Can you think of anything obviously wrong with my procedure
> or things I
> should check?
>
> I have tried this same basic procedure after making other trivial but
> hopefully observable changes to CDT, and not a single time
> have I observed a
> change, i.e. not a single time have I proven to myself that
> the plug-in
> installation methods are working. Can anyone propose another
> simple change I
> could make to CDT that I could observe in a target
> installation? E.g. I
> thought I could change the string in MakeBuilder.Updating_project in
> MakeMessages.properties and see a different string in the
> dialog other than
> "Updating project..." but this didn't work either. This is
> the reason why I
> feel there's something wrong with my "deployment" mechanism.
>
> Thanks,
> Tim

A handy mechanism (from a non-expert) to verify your deployment/modifications could be:
1. Temp. add system.out.println statements.
2. Open your patched eclipse with the -console option.
3. You should see the added prints in the console.

--Harald

Back to the top