Re: [cdt-dev] catchpoint support in GDB

Marc> Until then, before making modifications, I suggest trying to
Marc> confirm that the GDB docs reflect reality; it is possible that the
Marc> docs are incomplete (it's happened before).  You could either try
Marc> it out, or simply post a question to the GDB mailing list.

Marc> It may be safer also to check the CVS logs to see who added the
Marc> extra catchpoints and see with that person what they based their
Marc> implementation on.  Or maybe there's a bugzilla bug that wouldn't
Marc> be too hard to find.

NEWS is a decent source for this.

And, "help catch" is reasonably authoritative, as it will only list
commands which actually exist.

I think before 7.0 we removed a bunch of catch subcommands that were
documented but never implemented.  The current list:

    (gdb) help catch
    Set catchpoints to catch events.

    List of catch subcommands:

    catch assert -- Catch failed Ada assertions
    catch catch -- Catch an exception
    catch exception -- Catch Ada exceptions
    catch exec -- Catch calls to exec
    catch fork -- Catch calls to fork
    catch syscall -- Catch system calls by their names and/or numbers
    catch throw -- Catch an exception
    catch vfork -- Catch calls to vfork

AFAIK these all work, though some may only work for certain targets.

Tom

Back to the top