RE: [cdt-dev] Can we use CDT debugger to attach to a running process in remote Linux server?

Thanks, Marc.

It seems our gdb is relatively old.  I will see if I can request a newer one.  Thanks.

Regards,

Xuan Chen,  Problem Determination Tools for IBM i
(905) 413-3769 T/L 313-3769
xuanchen@xxxxxxxxxx

Marc Khouzam <marc.khouzam@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

16/03/2010 12:44 PM

Please respond to

cc
Subject
RE: [cdt-dev] Can we use CDT debugger to attach to a running        process        in remote Linux server?

I'm going to assume you are using a relatively recent GDB version (say 6.8 or more) because the --multi option
is not available in older GDBs.

run gdbserver like this

gdbserver --multi :10000

no need for --attach.

Then, in DSF-GDB, after you have connected to your target, you can click the 'connect' button which is
on the debug view bar.  Depending on the GDB version you may get a list running processes on your
target.  You can select the one you want.  If you don't get a list, you'll be prompted for a pid, and you
can put the current pid on the target e.g., 6700)