[cdt-dev] disabled breakpoints

Just saw something interesting in MIBreakpoints.addBreakpoint() that makes me wonder whether there's a use case that's broken. For a disabled breakpoint, DSF-GDB tells gdb to set the breakpoint then makes a subsequent request to disable it.

Consider a target with support for one hardware breakpoint. The user has two hardware breakpoints defined before he launches a debug session; one is disabled. He launches the debug session. Unless I'm misinterpreting things, what's going to happen is we're going to attempt to set that second breakpoint and that's going to fail, no? Seems to me should be creating the breakpoint in the disabled state (MI supports this: -break-insert -d).

Anyway, just figure I'd post this while it was on my mind. If you guys agree, I'll open a bug report.

John

Back to the top