[cdt-dev] Clone/Copy a project = copy .cproject = identical configuration id in two projects !?

Hi,

following the discussion "Importing Existing Code", I'm thinking of another use case.

Sometimes we have to clone a project to create a new project version/target. This is basically supported by eclipse via the copy action. What I am wondering is: After I copied Project_A to Project_B in both projects the .cproject is identical. Sure the settings should be the same. But all the IDs like
  <cconfiguration id="....default.1660627055">
  <tool id="....compiler.195192121">
are the same, too.

What happens in CDT with these configuration IDs when two projects in one workspace have identically IDs?

Can lead this to problems with the indexer, search or configuration process?

Do I have to change these IDs in the copied .cproject manually to avoid problems?

Thanks in advance
Harald

Back to the top