[cdt-dev] Re: Undefined Reference Problem

Hello,

I am using Eclipse Galileo 3.5 with CDT 6.0

I am having a problem in including the header files located in c:\cs106 ... I searched on google and found that I have to go to Project Properties > C/C++ General > Paths and Symbols and in GNU C++ I have added the path c:\cs106

And eclipse is able to find them now but the other problem I am getting is that when I try to build a simple program which is using a function defined in "simpio.h" located in c:\cs106 and I have already included at the top of my program #include "simpio.h" but it is giving me an error

    **** Internal Builder is used for build               ****
    g++ -IC:\cs106 -O0 -g3 -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 -osrc\CS106.o ..\src\CS106.cpp
    g++ -oCS106.exe src\CS106.o
    src\CS106.o: In function `main':
    C:/Users/User/workspace/CS106/Debug/../src/CS106.cpp:8: undefined reference to `GetInteger()'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    Build error occurred, build is stopped
    Time consumed: 986  ms.

I googled and what I get is that I have to to tell the linker for a .lib file that is accompanied with the header files. in my case the provided .lib file is (CS106CPPLib.lib) and I checked with the project file that I got was of VS 2008 and saw that they have added the following statement in the project settings file under
    VCLinkerTool:
    AdditionalDependencies="c:\cs106\CS106CPPLib.lib winmm.lib"

So I think I have to include this CS106CPPLib.lib winmm.lib in eclipse as well but I am unable to figure out where should I do this. Please if someone can help me I will be really grateful.

If you need any more info please reply me.

I know this not the right place to ask this question but I need the answer as soon as possible because I have to complete my assignment so if someone can help me with this I will be really thankful. I posted this question on the forums but no one answered it.

Thanks

Back to the top