RE: [cdt-dev] target unexpectedly stops on a SIGINT while setting breakpoint on running target

That's very true.
We do have different code for GDB 7.0 and older GDBs so this would not
be a first.  The code change may actually be small.

What is the fundamental change in GDB behavior when using async mode?
Is it simply that we still have a prompt that will accept -exec-interrupt
while the target is running?
For example, I would have thought we could give breakpoint commands in
this case, but it turns out they still fail if the target is running.
So, if we can get a feel of what GDB will do different, we could find
that it is not a big deal to make the switch.

Marc

Back to the top