RE: [cdt-dev] target unexpectedly stops on a SIGINT while setting breakpoint on running target

At 10:15 AM 3/4/2010, Marc Khouzam wrote:
> I think DSF does, or can do, this.  Marc Khouzam should know for sure.

We only use async mode when using non-stop.  I did consider making the switch
but two things stopped me:

1- lots of regression testing since everything would be using asych GDB mode
instead of the traditional synch mode.
2- We still need to support older GDBs (we support 6.6 and up), so we'd still
need to keep the code for the sync mode.

If it is a big enough problem, we could give it a try for GDB 7.0 and fix the problem
there only, but I'm not sure it is worth the effort.

I agree. A lot of churn to only fix the problem for 7.0 seems like a bad idea.

I suspect it's a long ways away, but we should for sure do this whenever we drop support for versions < 7.0.

John

Back to the top