RE: [cdt-dev] Minutes March Conf Call

I've found confirmation: (1) at best, the cygwin installer lets you install one version back from the current, and (2) the only cygwin gdb available is in fact 6.8 (there is no 'previous' available). That's really surprising. I guess that limits what we (CDT) can test/support.

http://www.cygwin.com/faq/faq.setup.html#faq.setup.old-versions

Can I use Cygwin Setup to get old versions of packages (like gcc-2.95)?

Cygwin Setup can be used to install any packages that are on a Cygwin mirror, which usually includes one version previous to the current one. The complete list may be searched at http://cygwin.com/packages/. There is no complete archive of older packages. If you have a problem with the current version of a Cygwin package, please report it to the mailing list using the guidelines at http://cygwin.com/problems.html.

That said, if you really need an older package, you may be able to find an outdated or archival mirror by searching the web for an old package version (for example, gcc2-2.95.3-10-src.tar.bz2), but keep in mind that this older version will not be supported by the mailing list and that installing the older version will not help improve Cygwin.