[cdt-dev] How to open new instance of custom IDE?

Hi All,

            We have a custom IDE. We need to open it’s own new instance with a different launch configuration.

On referring eclipse source code for plug-in application debugging, could see that org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration is the class that handles this and routes to corresponding launchers like AbstractPDELaunchConfiguration for plug-in debugging, JavaLaunchDelegate for local java app debugging.

Do we need to develop a new launcher specific to our application? Can someone please throw more light on how we should proceed?

Thanks,

Malu

Back to the top