Re: [cdt-dev] Thread Names in debugger

>>>>> "Joey" == joey  <joey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Joey> I have a hacked "solution" to display thread names set by
Joey> prctl(PR_SET_NAME, "name"). This patch is actually to gdb, so I'm not
Joey> sure how useful it would be to CDT itself, but it at least answers the
Joey> posted question. Note also that this patch is a major HACK and not
Joey> suitable to be incorperated as is. I'm sure there is a bug or two and
Joey> lots of room for improvement, but if you need something in house just
Joey> to get by though, it at least seems to work. Maybe someone more
Joey> ambitious could polish it, or prod a gdb developer to do so.

There's been some talk about showing thread names before, on the gdb
list.  If you really want to pursue this you'll pretty much have to
follow the gdb contribution instructions:

    http://sourceware.org/gdb/contribute/

Tom

Back to the top