Re: [cdt-dev] Re: Berkeley UPC Plugin

I've committed Max's contribution to HEAD. Thanks!

Here's the bugzilla 301998 and CQ 3782 for reference.

Regards,

Vivian Kong
IBM Eclipse CDT
IBM Canada Toronto Lab

Inactive hide details for Beth Tibbitts ---02/03/2010 07:11:41 AM---Hi Max, Yes, we could use a toolchain for this publicly avaBeth Tibbitts ---02/03/2010 07:11:41 AM---Hi Max, Yes, we could use a toolchain for this publicly available version of UPC.

Beth Tibbitts <tibbitts@xxxxxxxxxx>

cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/03/2010 07:11 AM

[cdt-dev] Re: Berkeley UPC Plugin

Sent by:

cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Max,
Yes, we could use a toolchain for this publicly available version of UPC.
It will help our support of UPC, complementing the IBM xlUPC support.
Please attach the code to a bugzilla entry with the usual info about originality, etc.

No, your timing is fine "just in time" for the IP review deadlines for Helios. Please attach it soon!
I look forward to trying it with our other UPC tools (e.g. the ones that are part of PTP).

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform
http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG Communications Protocols and Tools
Mailing Address: IBM Corp., Coldstream Research Campus, 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511
====================
[cdt-dev] Berkeley UPC plugin
• From: Max Billingsley III <billingsley@xxxxxxxxxxx>
• Date
: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 15:05:19 -0500
• Delivered-to
: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
• User-agent
: Thunderbird 2.0.0.23 (X11/20090817)

Subject: Berkeley UPC plugin

Hello CDT developers,

This is Max Billingsley III from the University of Florida. I work in a group that primarily works on a performance tool (called PPW) that emphasizes support for PGAS programming models such as UPC.

I would like to make you aware that I have written a basic tool-chain plugin for Berkeley UPC (
http://upc.lbl.gov/), an open-source UPC compiler that supports a wide range of platforms from workstations to high-end HPC systems.

The plugin is generally based on the GCC plugin in org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.gnu.ui. The Berkeley UPC plugin should be helpful for current Berkeley UPC developers and potentially for UPC programmers looking to develop using all open-source tools.

Please let me know your thoughts as to whether or not this plugin may possibly be appropriate and useful for contribution to CDT. (I did also just realized that my timing may be a bit poor, given upcoming deadlines related to the Helios release train.)

Thank you,

-Max