[cdt-dev] missing @noextend, @noimplement tags

Hi,
in version 5.1 of the org.eclipse.cdt.core plugin (CDT 6.0) we have
added a few
public interfaces without the proper API tooling tags:
    org.eclipse.cdt.core.dom.ast.IASTImplicitNameOwner
    org.eclipse.cdt.core.dom.ast.cpp.ICPPASTArraySubscriptExpression
    org.eclipse.cdt.core.dom.ast.cpp.ICPPASTExpressionList
    org.eclipse.cdt.core.dom.ast.cpp.ICPPASTFunctionCallExpression
    org.eclipse.cdt.core.parser.IInactiveCodeToken

In order to be able to evolve the API for supporting C++0x I need to put
the
tags in there, which is an API breakage. It is obvious that you are not
allowed to implement/extend these interfaces because all the other IAST-
interfaces
do have tags.
Therefore I prefer to add the tags without incrementing the major plugin
version of the core-plugin. I'd create a problem filter for the 5
resulting errors.

What is your opinion?

Markus.

Back to the top