Re: [cdt-dev] Thread Names in debugger

This is in response to the thread from August 13, 2009
(http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/cdt-dev/msg16000.html) about
displaying thread names on linux.

I have a hacked "solution" to display thread names set by
prctl(PR_SET_NAME, "name"). This patch is actually to gdb, so I'm not
sure how useful it would be to CDT itself, but it at least answers the
posted question. Note also that this patch is a major HACK and not
suitable to be incorperated as is. I'm sure there is a bug or two and
lots of room for improvement, but if you need something in house just
to get by though, it at least seems to work. Maybe someone more
ambitious could polish it, or prod a gdb developer to do so.

Patch is against gdb-7.0

Joey