Re: [cdt-dev] RE: Removal of depracated IReverse interfaces

Every plug-in has their own version. There's nothing wrong with that. And with that the decision on when to change major version also resides with the plug-in and the people working on it.

We've made a general decision to allow API changes for CDT 7 if you really need to and communicate those changes to the community.

Doug.

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 11:44 AM, Marc Khouzam <marc.khouzam@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It just hit me that although CDT is going to 7.0, DSF and DSF/GDB have their own versions and are moving
from 2.0 to 2.1.  This prevents me from removing deprecated interfaces.

Should we align DSF/DSF-GDB with the CDT versioning decision?
Or maybe not DSF, but maybe the two DSF-GDB plugins?

Thanks for any input

Marc

From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Marc Khouzam
Sent: Wednesday, February 03, 2010 10:40 AM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: [cdt-dev] Removal of depracated IReverse interfaces

Hi,

In 7.0 I've moved the IReverse* interfaces for the differen reverse debugging commands from dsf.gdb to debug.core.
The old interfaces are marked as deprecated, but I would like to remove them.

They are:
org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb.actions.IReverseStepOverHandler
org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb.actions.IReverseStepIntoHandler
org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb.actions.IReverseResumeHandler
org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb.actions.IReverseToggleHandler
org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb.actions.IUncallHandler

Anyone objects or feels it is better to leave them?

Thanks

Marc