From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Elmenthaler, Jens
Sent: Monday, February 08, 2010 6:49 AM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: [cdt-dev] DSF GDB and python pretty printers

Hi all,

this is to inform that we are currently working on a patch for DSF GDB to take full advantage of the gdb 7.0 pretty printers. Full advantage in our case means that a python pretty printer can return its own set of children (as the stl pretty printers do), and these children are reflected in the value tree of the variables view.

I opened Bug 302121 to have a place for feedback, progress reporting, and dependency tracking to other bugs in this area. It also contains a rough design description. My hope is that we can contribute something meaningful for Helios. From what I found we still have 4 weeks until API freeze and another 4 weeks to feature freeze, which still feels good.

Marc, regarding your “private” message. This not something that would bring DSF GDB to feature-parity with CDI GDB, it would actually elevate it beyond (because of the child sub-tree). So you might want to treat it differently.

Jens.

Back to the top