[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[cdt-dev] CLang self hosts - any plans for CDT/Clang?
- From: Alex Blewitt <alex.blewitt@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 09:53:38 +0000
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:from:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:subject:date:message-id:to:mime-version :x-mailer; bh=4J0/TfwUfiIXq9IXMLqNzhHS/6iRrMetAfKUPzZGJXY=; b=t8CPajZOH63A3RskDTyyMAOa0F5XfWoMmKbUSM3dBoMGfVjwDfS1fp7Do8YdPdJzcg /DCmkan2dkMjlpU7XetGo6lg2kaF4iiChfT94FXQsCacxlmWalM314XUrQJTaQwSO3s7 MB47vkw/PT+GAKdSrJ2kh5Rkxz0xrd/5FUkW4=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=from:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:subject:date:message-id :to:mime-version:x-mailer; b=l+03rv62oKl9GdM7YmjSSnj8CyuC/p5WA82wjLC5vvySs17wu/27w0U8myCwP2RGuG JoJ3QTKAGN+dqCzCnEJckiG3FiEDyuDvWOrbv21GjeuEJog8Fc+fM5g5jvN402nCK0Ks aK7Qp7QiSbmlbeobc8Bkrejb3gADEOEqwdpLw=
The LLVM team have just announced that the Clang compiler has become self-hosting:
In addition, Apple's Xcode has support for compiling with Clang instead of gcc; although they go to efforts to highlight that it's a work in progress still.
Are there any thoughts on supporting Clang as a toolchain for CDT? There's a clang-gcc front-end which makes it look like gcc as far as I know, and although Apple is firmly behind LLVM and Clang, it is available for other systems.