Re: [cdt-dev] About default debuggers, etc

At 07:49 PM 2/4/2010, Doug Schaefer wrote:
I'd really like the Nokia gang to state what they think the strategy for EDC should be, or what they are intending it for since they are investing pretty heavily in it. The one thing I think is firm is that it helps those who need to avoid GPL, and there is commercial need for that from some vendors. As I also mentioned, I'm curious whether it would make implementing a JNI debug story more easily as we have full control over what it's doing.

Doug, EDC provides a DSF-based solution for TCF agents. The hope is that TCF will end up being adopted widely as a "standard" run-control API, allowing for easier integration between silicon and tools vendors. Freescale is very interested in this technology.

John

Back to the top