Re: [cdt-dev] Mac CDI Patches (Was MinGW gdb)

> Right now only community
> members are the voice and without having CVS commit rights, while that
> voice can be loud at times, that voice basically worthless. Lately the
> Mac CDT Community have gotten great support from Ken and Marc and I
> truly appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedules to review
> and commit the fixes.

I feel your pain. It's a bit of a chicken and egg problem. Committers don't get voted in unless they have a body of work that's been committed, and someone to nominate them that acts as a sponsor if you will. The existing committers don't have Mac support as a business interest, so those patches don't get a lot of love. Which means they don't get committed, which means the people that DO work on and care about the Mac stuff don't get on as committers. And as patches languish for long amounts of time, people are less likely to contribute, which means less likelihood of someone coming along that's willing to fix Mac stuff and put forth the required effort that will earn them commit rights. It's not the greatest cycle to be in.

I'm not sure what to do about it. Hopefully if Marc-Andre gets enough patches under his belt and those committing them on his behalf are happy with his work, maybe he can take up the torch.

Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT and RDT
IBM Toronto

Inactive hide details for Michael Jackson ---02/04/2010 02:28:39 PM---On Feb 4, 2010, at 2:07 PM, Marc Khouzam wrote: >Michael Jackson ---02/04/2010 02:28:39 PM---On Feb 4, 2010, at 2:07 PM, Marc Khouzam wrote: >

Michael Jackson <mike.jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

02/04/2010 02:28 PM

Re: [cdt-dev] Mac CDI Patches (Was MinGW gdb)

Sent by:

cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx