Re: [cdt-dev] Mac CDI Patches (Was MinGW gdb)

On Thu, Feb 04, 2010 at 02:07:41PM -0500, Marc Khouzam wrote:
> > - Debug in a path containing a space (bug 263689). To be fair,
> > it probably doesn't work with DSF-GDB on any platform. It would
> > also be hard to do a Mac OS-specific patch in DSF-GDB.
>
> We could do a Mac-specific patch by using the service instead
> of sending the MI command directly.  I'll put that comment in the
> bug to help it along.
>
> For my info, are spaces used a lot in paths on Mac?
> I've never had to care about this problem on Linux.

I'm sure you'll get plenty of badgering (and patches!) about this
issue in the future :-) I'm amazed you've never encountered it yet,
actually.  It happens maybe 95% of the time on Mac and on Windows, and
our customers need it frequently on Linux too.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery

Back to the top