RE: [cdt-dev] Mac CDI Patches (Was MinGW gdb)

I hear your pain and I can't argue against your approach.
You need to debug on Mac, and you will use whatever works.

Let's get DSF-GDB to work then, since it is so close to what
CDI offers.  You had written:

> A fully patched CDI works better than DSF on Mac OS, at least,
> from what I tested so this is what I use. Here's what works in
> a fully patched CDI versus DSF-GDB :
> - Properly display threads without refreshing (Bug 301720)

I'll look at this one since Marc-Andre kindly posted a patch.

> - Debug in a path containing a space (bug 263689). To be fair,
> it probably doesn't work with DSF-GDB on any platform. It would
> also be hard to do a Mac OS-specific patch in DSF-GDB.

We could do a Mac-specific patch by using the service instead
of sending the MI command directly.  I'll put that comment in the
bug to help it along.

For my info, are spaces used a lot in paths on Mac?
I've never had to care about this problem on Linux.

> - Inserting a breakpoint while GDB is running. This is also not
> supported in DSF-GDB on any platform, see bug 242943.

I've always wanted to have this fixed.
I can look at that one too since I see a patch from Marc-Andre.

As a note though, there are more and more people knowledgeable
about DSF in the CDT community these days, and maybe someone
else wants to give one of these bugs a look?  I hate to think
I'm the reason these things are not being fixed, but I also have
a lot (_lot_) of other work to do.

Thanks

Marc