RE: [cdt-dev] MinGW gdb

Yes, I think it is worth mentioning how good a response there
has been from the GDB community.  They genuinely want Eclipse
to work well with GDB.

One quick example is about changes that were made to GDB specifically
to allow DSF-GDB to use the new Reverse Debugging feature.  Just before the
GDB 7.0 release date, there was no way for DSF-GDB to modify memory or
registers when going in reverse.  Once I explained the situation, I got a
lot of  support from the GDB maintainers, and a patch was committed to fix this.
So now, GDB 7.0 allows DSF-GDB to modify memory and registers while
debugging in reverse.
You can see the thread of emails at:
http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2009-09/msg00719.html

Marc