Re: [cdt-dev] MinGW gdb

On Wed, Feb 03, 2010 at 10:42:24AM -0500, Doug Schaefer wrote:
> Well, I certainly wasn't making a personal attack on the people working on
> gdb for mingw, nor was I challenging their character. The issues I was
> running into was much more technical than that and involved stack unwinding
> when mixing msvc and gcc built DLLs. Or maybe it was stopping on shared
> library events giving me garbage stacks or stopping at the wrong time. I'm
> not a debugger expert, but It was more complicated than tty's at any
> rate.

Oh, I dunno, TTYs are pretty complicated :-)

It was probably the MSVC/GCC mixing.  In fact, both problems you've
described are the same MSVC/GCC mixing problem.  This is something
I've spent a lot of time looking at recently; unfortunately, it's
a big project to fix.  It's definitely feasible, but it's more than
I can do without an interested customer.

> I'm just not confident that the Windows platform is getting a lot of love
> from the gcc and gdb communities, and if that's the case, I'm OK with that..

It is not the case.  I can't promise that an upgrade will fix all your
bugs magically, but there's at least three GDB developers interested
in the Windows platform right now (it waxes and wanes somewhat).

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery

Back to the top