[cdt-dev] API changes in IOption (cdt.managedbuilder.core)

Hi,
There a new contribution bug 300707 to Build Settings UI to allow an integrator to specify a file-extension filter for FileListControl when browseType 'file' is used for an option (one example is C++ Linker->Misc->Other objects).

The request makes sense, however it breaks API adding new methods to IOption interface. Since we decided in favor of CDT 7.0 it is legitimate. However it is a core interface for MBS and I suppose some existing integrations may be broken. Is there any reservations against making these breaking changes in IOption for CDT 7.0?

Andrew

Back to the top