From: ext Pawel Piech <pawel.piech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 19:34:03 +0100
To: "CDT General developers list." <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] Multiple statement arrows

If pt.2 is not followed there are other issues that are likely to show up when the UI is being stressed.  The main problem is that when the view is refreshed and an element is selected, the view will attempt to re-apply the selection after refresh.  If the new stack frame's equals() implementation is not consistent, the selection in Debug view may get lost unexpectedly.

Cheers,
Pawel

Leherbauer, Anton (Toni) wrote:
Multiple statement arrows
1. When I debug with EDC I see that the frame DMC level of the top stack frame is 1 instead of the expected 0.

2. The frame changes its id between steps. IntructionPointerManager assumes that the top frame DMC of a thread equals() the top frame DMC after the step.

Together this would explain why annotations are not removed.

To fix the annotation issue, I think it is sufficient to fix pt. 1.

I am not sure if pt. 2 is actually a wrong restriction in the InstructionPointer or if there are also other areas which rely on equality of frames between steps.

HTH,

Toni